- 800g cream
- 200g fresh milk
- 200g egg yolks
- 80g sugar
- 150g ivoire white chocolate Valrhona
- Zest of 4 oranges
- 400g apples
- 200g dates
- 10g lemon juice
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1L water
- 250g sugar
- 1L fresh milk
- 360g almond paste 50%
- 12g gelatine
- 65g white chocolate
- 15g butter
- 150g almond streuzel
- 15g brown sugar
- 20g crispy feuillantine
- ½ vanilla pod
- 2g sea salt
Preparation of the Catalan Cream
1. Bring the sugar with the milk, zest and vanilla to boil.
2. Pour the hot liquid over the chocolate.
3. Mix the egg yolks with the cream, and then mix it all together.
4. Pour into a silicone mold of choice and bake at 85°C for 1.5 hours.
5. For the apple dates, using a ‘Parisienne’, form balls of apple and place them in the water mixed with the lemon juice and vanilla.
6. Add the sugar and bring to boil for 8 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and store in a refrigerator.
8. After 24 hours, cut the dates in stick shapes and mix them with the drained apples.
9. For the almond cream, soak the gelatine sheets in cold water.
10. Heat the milk and add the gelatine to it.
11. Finish by adding the almond paste and mix well.
12. For the butter crispy, mix the streuzel, sugar, feullantine, salt and vanilla.
13. Melt the chocolate and the butter separately, and finish by mixing all the ingredients together.
14. Decorate with Isomalt sugar decoration.