- 500g sugar
- 250g egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp rose water
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- 200g Amareddine
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tbsp powder sugar
- Almonds / pistachios (any nut you prefer)
- Red fruits
- White chocolate (optional)
For the meringue:
1. Whip the whites with the pinch of salt until you see soft peaks.
2. Add in the sugar while mixing on medium speed and mix on high speed for about 5 additional minutes.
3. Pipe or place of a baking sheet with a spoon and bake for about 2 hours at 200F. For a better shine, dust your meringues with powder sugar before placing them in the oven. (The meringues must be slightly hard when you get them out of the oven).
4. Place the Amareddine, rose water, orange blossom water and a little water in a pan over low heat.
5. Remove from heat once the apricot sheet is dissolved. You can add sugar if you prefer a sweeter coulis.
6. Whipped cream: whip the cream with the 2 tbsp of powder sugar.
7. Using a bowl or a chocolate shell, fill with the meringues and whipped cream and garnish with red fruits, nuts, and Amareddine coulis.
8. If you are using a bowl, you can add white chocolate shavings at the end.