• 1 large eggplant
• ¼ cup quinoa
• ½ cup chopped onions
• 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
• ½ cup chopped zucchini
• ½ cup chopped bell pepper
• ¼ cup black beans
• ¾ cup seeded chopped tomatoes
• ½ tbsp dried parsley
• ½ tsp dried thyme
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ tsp pepper
• ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1. Rinse quinoa thoroughly then cook on stove top according to directions. Set aside once cooked.
2. Cut the eggplant in half, lengthwise, remove pulp, leaving a ¼ thick shell. Set pulp aside.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, add the onions and minced garlic and sauté them until tender. Add zucchini, black beans, bell pepper and eggplant pulp; sauté for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, parsley thyme, salt pepper and pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute. Add the quinoa
5. Divide mixture evenly between the eggplant shells; sprinkle with paprika. Place on baking sheet and bake at 220°C for 20 minutes or until shells are tender.