• 1 lg. piece fresh ginger, peeled
• 1/3 cup rice vinegar
• 2 tsp finely chopped pickled
ginger (the kind served
• 1 tsp shallot, optional
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a fine sieve over a small bowl, finely grate the ginger into the sieve and then press the ginger with
the back of a spoon to extract the juice. You will need 2 teaspoons.
2. Combine ginger juice and rice vinegar and pickled ginger; taste and adjust the seasoning by adding salt
and pepper and some finely diced chives.
3. You may also add 1 tsp of finely chopped shallots. Keep in the fridge if not using straight away.