- 240 g high quality, semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 0.5 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder or chopped nuts (to roll the balls)
- 150 g melted tempered chocolate (optional)
Optional flavorings (choose 1 and drop the vanilla if using)
- 2-3 tbs cognac
- 1-2 tbs Amaretto
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 0.5 tsp cardamom powder
- Place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan until it begins to boil.
- Add flavoring.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate and leave for a few minutes, then whisk well until all the chocolate has melted and you are left with a shiny, smooth, dark
- Spread the ganache in a shallow pan and refrigerate for 1 hour till hard.
- When chilled, using a teaspoon, roll out small balls between your palms, working quickly, and lay them on a tray covered with parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and preferably overnight.
- Remove from fridge and roll balls in cocoa powder or chopped nuts. Return to fridge and consume within 5 days.
MORE RECIPES FROM TF28