For the cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp rose water
For the frosting
- ¾ cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp rose water syrup
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp heavy cream
Preheat oven to 180°C and line a muffin pan with liners.
For the cake
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time, mixing in between each.
3. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and extract and mix until just combined.
4. Add milk, vegetable oil, and splash of rosewater and mix until just combined.
5. Spoon batter into cupcake liners and fill each 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 16-18 minutes until slightly golden, then allow to cool on a wire rack.
For the buttercream
1. Beat butter and powder sugar until light and fluffy with handheld beaters.
2. Add vanilla bean, vanilla extract, and rose water and mix.
3. Slowly add heavy cream until desired consistency is reached.
4. Use a piping bag to pipe icing onto cool cupcakes.