- 600g Sea-bream
- 100g lemon confit
- 5g fresh thyme
- 10g chopped garlic
- 5g fresh jalapeno or chili
- 200g fresh Fennel
- 160ml olive oil
- 50g chopped tarragon
- 200g blanched spinach
- 100g blanched mint
- 100g blanched parsley
- 100g blanched basil
- 100g blanched coriander
- 50g grilled onion
- 20g grilled garlic
- 20g honey
- 50g cherry vinegar
- Salt and black pepper corn
- 200g carrots
- 200g asparagus
- 40g Butter
- 10g sugar
1. Use a blender or wand mixer. Combine the preserved lemon, thyme, garlic, and sunflower oil and whirl until you have a homogenous purée.
2. Marinate the fish in lemon confit marination for 2 hours.
3. Heat the oil in the pan, avoid letting it get too hot.
4. Place the fish in the pan and gently brown on both sides.
5. Add the butter and baste the fish creating a beurre noisette, Season.
6. Place in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
7. Gently peel the carrots and asparagus, boil for 8 minutes in a salty water. Strain and set aside.
8. Using a frying pan, sautéed the vegetables with butter for 10 minutes then add the sugar and finally finish with salt pepper corn and chopped mint.
9. Heat the oil in a small pot, and seared the fennel.
10. Add the butter to the pot along with the vegetable stock.
11. Cook gently & season with salt & pepper and finish with chopped tarragon.
12. Puree all the herbs ingredients in processor. Transfer to bowl. (Cover and let stand at room temperature).
13. Dress the fish in the middle of a deep plate, add the braised fennel on top and finish with salsa Verde.