- 300g flour, sieved
- 75g water
- 50g yogurt
- 30g sunflower oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp yeast
- 250g lean beef, roughly minced
- 250g lamb roughly minced
- 300g tomatoes, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 180g onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp hot pepper powder
- 2 tsp seven spices
- 2 tsp sweet pepper powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed with some salt
1. Knead the ingredients of the dough together and let it rest for half an hour, covered, in a warm place.
2. Combine the meat with the onions and tomatoes. Season with salt, seven spices,
hot and sweet pepper powder.
3. Roll out the dough 2 to 3 mm thick on a flat surface covered with a fine layer of flour to prevent sticking.
4. Cut 8cm circles with a dough cutter.
5. Fill the cut dough circles with one teaspoon of the mixture and pinch four corners to get
the shape of a square.
6. Bake on a greased tray at 180°C in a conventional oven for 15 minutes or until crispy golden brown.
7. Serve with lemon slices and a bowl of fresh yogurt.