- 1000g flour
- 15g salt
- 50g sugar
- 15g yeast
- 10 ml olive oil
- 500 ml water
- 135g lamb shoulder
- 365g beef chuck
- 1 kg tomatoes cut in quarters
- 50g chopped onions
- 40 ml grenadine syrup (debs el remman)
- 15g labne
- 1g red chili powder
- 2 drops of apple vinegar
- 3g cinnamon powder
- Salt and black pepper
- 75g pine nuts
1. For the dough, combine flour, salt, sugar and yeast in dough mixer until you get a homogeneous mixture. Incorporate water while mixing. Mix for about 15 minutes. Pour in the olive oil. Mix for 5-7 minutes.
2. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Store in the fridge overnight in a tightly sealed plastic container.
3. For the filling, add the tomatoes and onions to the meat and grind again.
4. Store in the fridge overnight in a tightly sealed plastic container.
5. The following day, remove from the fridge, and place in a strainer; to allow excess water to drain.
6. Remove to a mixing bowl; add grenadine syrup, labne, apple vinegar, black pepper, and cinnamon. Let it rest for half an hour.
7. To assemble, flatten the dough (10g/pcs).
8. Cut in round shapes using a 70mm circle. Pour 12-15g of meat preparation in the middle of dough and seal the four edges to get a squared shape.
9. Add 2 pieces of pine nuts. Let it rest 10 minutes.
10. Bake in pre-heated oven at 200°C for 10 to 15 minutes.