- 1kg kenfeh dough (from supermarket)
- 200g butter or ghee
- 150ml sugar syrup
- 1 kg sweetened akkawi cheese
1. Mix the dough, butter and syrup.
2. Finely process the mixture using a food processor.
3. Spread the dough in a pan and toast it over a low flame until golden. Set aside to cool.
4. Process the dough again and then sieve it.
5. Cover a baking tray with butter (or ghee) and sieve the dough once more over it.
6. Mixing continuously, place the tray on low heat or in the oven once more.
7. Spread the akkawi cheese over it.
8. When the dough turns a dark golden color, turn the pan over.
9. Sprinkle with a little bit of syrup, then heat using a Bain Marie.