- 4 slices of rustic bread
- Cream cheese (optional)
- 1 thinly sliced avocado
- 2 cans of Spanish sardines, drained;
reserve oil if desired
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
1. Spread cream cheese (if using) thinly over bread slices.
2. Place avocado slices on top of cream cheese, season with a little salt and black pepper, then place chunks of sardines on top of avocado.
3. Drizzle lemon juice all around, along with a few drizzles of olive oil or the reserved oil from the cans.
4. Top with onion slices and sprigs of dill.