- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 500 g fresh pasta (such as trofie)
- 1 kg shrimps, cleaned and peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 250 g cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 bag of basil chiffonade chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions, meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat olive oil and add the shrimp to the pan, spreading them evenly in one layer.
- Cook for 1 minute then turn them to the other side and cook 1 more minute. set aside.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook until garlic begins to color, add chili flakes, cook for 30 seconds, deglaze pan with the wine and add the cherry tomatoes.
- Keep the tomatoes fresh, add basil and turn off heat.
- When the pasta is ready, add the pasta to the skillet and mix with shrimps and tomatoes, season and serve immediately.
Serve with a light white wine such as Sancerre or Sauvignon blanc.