2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup tahini
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt & set aside.
- With an electric mixer (or by strong hands!) whisk sugar, eggs & vanilla until foamy.
- Add to sugar/ egg mixture the oil & milk then flour and mix.
- Add tahini in the final step & mix until mixture is homogeneous.
- Butter the baking pan & coat with sesame.
- Pour batter in cake pan ( just make sure the batter is not filling more than half the depth of any pan)
- Preheat oven to 180c for 10 minutes & bake for 35-40 minutes or more.
- Garnish with toasted and ground pistachios