- 1 kg kolkas
- 1 cup peeled chickpeas, soaked overnight and boiled
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice of 3 bousfeir oranges
- 2-3 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Boil the Kolkas in water with some salt.
- Peel its skin, cut it into cubes, stir fry them for few minutes and set aside.
- Stir fry the onions and garlic in olive oil until golden in color, then add the chickpeas and cook for few more minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the tahini, water, lemon juice and salt until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the tahini sauce to the chickpeas and cook until it boils.
- Add the cubes of Kolkas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and leave to cool.
- Serve cold with radishes and sweet raw onions on the side.