- 100 g Tomato
- 70 g Onion
- 5 g Salad Mesclun
- 20 g Salad lollo rosso
- 20 g Salad lollo bianco
- 10 g Walnut
- 10 g Black Olive
- 0,010L Vinegar Balsamic
- 0,010L Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 5 g Salt
- 1 Vinaigrette
- 2 g Black Peppercorn
- 5 g Garlic
- 5 g Butter unsalted
- 50 g Wheat Bread Flour
- 30 g Parmesan Grana Padano
- 1 Egg
- 1 Edible flowers
1. Cut the onion into julienne.
2. In a large pot sear the onion for 30 minutes with olive oil, butter, thyme, sugar, salt and pepper. Set aside the caramelized onions.
3. Cut the tomato into quarter, season with salt, pepper, olive oil, thyme and garlic. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes over 160 degree celcius.
4. For the pastry, mix the butter into the flour to make fine crumbs. Stir in the parmesan, thyme and a pinch of salt.
5. Add the egg yolk, cold water then mix to make a dough. Wrap in cling film and set aside in the fridge.
6. Boil balsamic vinegar with sugar for 12 minutes, keep cool aside.
7. Put the dough on a tatin tray. Roll by hand until obtaining a flat dough.
8. Add the caramelized onions on top and finish with confit tomatoes.
9. Bake for 10 minutes over 180 degrees celcius. Take out from the oven.
10. After taking out the tatin from the oven, dress in a flat plate.
11. Add the lettuce and mesclun salad around, garnish with sprinkles of walnuts, black olives, finish with few drops of vinaigrette and balsamic caramel.