- 5 eggs yolks
- 125g sugar
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 350ml whipping cream
- 1 pack of ladyfingers
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 500ml espresso coffee
- Cacao powder for dusting
- Make the Espresso coffee in a medium-sized bowl and set it aside so it has time to cool.
- Construct a double boiler by placing a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar in the bowl on medium-high speed until the sugar dissolves and the mixture becomes thicker.
- Combine the mascarpone cheese with the egg mixture and beat until it’s smooth then add the vanilla extract.
- Whisk the whipping cream and fold it into the mixture.
- To assemble the Tiramisu, quickly dip one ladyfinger at a time in the espresso and then lay them in a row on a baking dish’s bottom.
- Over the ladyfingers, spread half of the mascarpone mixture, then repeat the layers once.
- Cover the Tiramisu and place it in the refrigerator for a few hours. When ready to serve, dust the cocoa powder.