• 7kg raw Jabaliyeh tomatoes (yield
1kg of tomato paste)
• 75g salt
1. Thoroughly wash and clean the tomatoes. Peel the tomatoes using the blanching method; place the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds and then place them in a bowl of cold water. The skin is easily removed.
2. Cut the tomatoes into four equal pieces each and remove the seeds. Smash the tomato pieces using a
potato smasher or place them in a mixer to extract the tomato juice.
3. Add 75g of salt to the tomato juice. Boil the tomato juice over medium fire for around 4-6 hours until
all the water evaporates and a tomato paste is formed.
4. Pour the hot tomato paste into a dry and clean 1kg glass jar. Close the jar immediately after filling. The tomato paste can be conserved for up to one year.