• 1 kg ripe Jabaliyeh tomato
(yield 1L of tomato juice)
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1 tsp salt
• ½ tsp garlic or basil or thyme
(optional, for flavor)
1. Thoroughly wash and clean the tomatoes. Peel the tomatoes using the blanching method: place the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds and then place them in a bowl of cold water. The skin is easily removed.
2. Cut the tomatoes into four equal pieces each and remove the seeds. Smash the tomato pieces using a
potato smasher or place them in a mixer to extract the tomato juice.
3. Boil the tomato juice for 25-30 minutes over medium fire. If the juice is not liquid enough, add 2 cups
of water. Add the sugar and salt. Add ½ teaspoon of garlic, thyme or basil for flavor (optional).
4. Filter the juice through a strainer, fill it in glass bottles and close properly.