- Stir tomatoes, 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, basil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Let the mixture marinate and place it in the refrigerator for 30mins.
- Preheat an iron grill pan (over high heat), it has to be very hot or preheat the oven.
- Slice your bread (about 1.5 cm) and brush one side of each slice of baguette with remaining olive oil.
- Lower heat and toast your slices until golden brown.
- Top the bread with tomato mixture and drizzle with remaining extra-virgin olive oil right before serving.
- Use high quality ingredients (especially the extra virgin olive oil).
- Don’t drizzle the oil straight onto the bread, use instead a pastry brush.