- 3 Melva fish, 70g each
- 100g olive oil
- 150g onions
- 15g garlic
- 65g green pepper
- 65g red pepper
- 65g yellow pepper
- 20g chili pepper
- 50g tomato paste
- 75g minced fresh coriander
- 100g tomatoes
- 3g dry coriander
- 350g tahini
- 90g lemon juice
- 250g grapefruit juice
- 250g orange juice
- 50g mixed nuts (cashew, almonds, pine)
- Slice the onions and the garlic.
- Cut the green, red and yellow pepper into julienne strips.
- Cut the chili pepper into dices.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pot over a medium heat. Add the sliced onions and garlic to the olive oil and heat them for 4 minutes.
- Add the green pepper until it starts to soften before adding consecutively the red, yellow, chili peppers, tomatoes and the minced coriander.
- Add the tomato paste and dry coriander and cook the mix for 3 minutes on a low heat.
- In a bowl mix the tahini, lemon juice, grapefruit juice and orange juice until the mixture becomes smooth and homogenized.
- Boil the tahini mixture and the vegetable mixture together for 2 minutes on a low heat. Season mixture with pepper and salt. Spread the nuts on the top. Set aside.
For the fish
- Remove the edges and debone using tweezers.
- Season with salt, pepper, lemon and orange zest.
- Fold the fish as shown.
- Place in a baking dish with olive oil and cook at 185°C for 8 minutes.
- Place on a serving plate above the sauce.
Melva fish also known as ‘Malifa’ can be replaced with Sultan Ibrahim.