- 3.5-4.5 kg U.S. whole turkey (neck & gizzards removed)
- 120g unsalted butter (melted)
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Dry the bird well with a paper towel, inside and out.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set the bird on a roasting rack in a roasting tray, breast side up, brush generously with half of the butter and season again with the salt and pepper.
- Tent the bird with foil.
- Roast the turkey for 2h. Remove the foil and baste with the remaining butter and some of the pan drippings.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220°C and continue to roast for 45 mins.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 15 mins before carving.
- Carve and serve with gravy.
MORE RECIPES BY USA POULTRY & EGG EXPORT COUNCIL