- 62g Gelatine Mass
- 3kg 35%* Liquid cream
- 39g Vanilla bean pod
- 687g Ivory White Chocolate Valrhona
- 8g Vanilla Extract
- 1.5kg 35%** Liquid cream
- 69g 66% Caribbean Chocolate Valrhona
- 23g Gelatine Powder
- 200 Bloom
- 39g Water
- 318g 67% Ashanti Chocolate Valrhona
- 262g T55 all-purpose flour
- 454g Cane Sugar
- 512g Unsalted Butter
- 454g Egg Yolks
- 413g Whole Milk
- 413g Liquid cream
- 166g Egg Yolks
- 83g Cane Sugar
- 425g 66% Caribbean Chocolate Valrhona
- 60g Valrhona Crispy Pearls
- 414g Couverture Ivoire Valrhona
- 535g Cocoa Butter
- 48g Titanium Dioxide
- 871g White Chocolate Valrhona
- 87g Cocoa Butter
- 42g Titanium Dioxide
1. Melt the Caribbean chocolate in a bain-marie, spread between two acetate sheets and leave in a cool place to harden.
2. Bring the cream* and the split and scraped vanilla pods to the boil.
3. Remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
4. Pour the cream through a chinois strainer and then incorporate the gelatine.
5. Pour over the melted chocolate and vanilla extract in three batches to produce a smooth and shiny ganache.
6. Mix with a hand blender to make a smooth mixture, then add the cream** and blend again.
7. Reserve 800g of unwhipped ganache for the frosting.
8. Break the Caribbean chocolate bark into small pieces and add to the remaining ganache before placing in the fridge for 24 hours.
9. Mix the powder and water and allow to swell for about twenty minutes.
10. Melt chocolate and butter at a temperature of 40°C.
11. Add the egg yolks at room temperature and stir with a spatula.
12. Finish by incorporating the sugar and flour, then pour into a 20x20cm baking tray and bake for 20 to 22 minutes at 180°C in a preheated oven.
13. Remove from the oven and let cool.
14. Mix the sugar and egg yolks together. Boil the cream and milk and pour half of it over the sugar and egg yolk batter.
15. Stir, then pour back into the saucepan and cook like a crème anglaise at 85°C.
16. Remove from the heat and pour onto the chocolate in three batches to produce a smooth ganache.
17. Blend with a hand blender until fully incorporated.
18. Pour 30g of cream and 4g of crispy beads into each silicone mould.
19. Place in the freezer for 3 hours.
20. Melt the cocoa butter and white chocolate.
21. Add colouring and mix until homogenous using a hand-held blender. Use at 45°C.
22. Melt cocoa butter and white chocolate, add colouring and mix with a hand blender.
23. Spread evenly between two sheets.
24. Cut into 15x7cm long and 1cm wide strips.
25. Beat the Stracciatella Mousse in a mixing bowl with a whisk, then transfer to a piping bag and fill the Pomponette moulds halfway.
26. Smooth out the edges with a spatula. Add the creamy mixture to the centre, then the brownie and smooth out before placing in the freezer for 4 hours.
27. Take out of the freezer, remove from the moulds then glaze with the unwhipped ganache.
28. Frost the pastries, then place a strip of white chocolate at the base.