- 1200 g veal filet mignon
- 100 ml hoisin sauce
- 100 ml veal stock
- 20 g sesame seeds
- 500 g sweat potatoes
- 20 g butter
- 30 ml sesame oil
- 12 mini leeks
- 50 g flowers
- 4 pink radishes
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in aluminum foil with salt and bake at 180 °C for around 45 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the foil.
- Peel then mash adding butter and sesame oil. Taste for the seasoning and keep warm.
- Clean the mini leeks and cook them in boiling salted water.
- Once cooked, drain and add ice-cold water to preserve their beautiful green color. Set aside.
- For the tiles, preheat the oven at 160 °C.
- Whisk the flour with little water to make a smooth dough that you can spread with a brush. Lightly salt and sprinkle some sesame seeds. Cook for 6 to 8 min.
- Clean the veal tenderloins, remove the central nerve on the top of the tenderloin and cut into 4 equal portions of about 200 g.
- Sear the veal tenderloins in a hot frying pan with olive oil, brown them well on both sides and cook in the oven at 180 °C, making sure they are pink. If you have a meat thermometer, remove from the oven at 58 °C.
- Lacquer them with the hoisin sauce and sprinkle some salt and sesame seeds.
- Reheat the veal sauce and leeks and plate them harmoniously.
TIP: For decoration, you can cut a few slices of pink radish, which will add a little crunch and color.
MORE RECIPES BY CHEF MICKAEL GANTNER