- 4 potatoes
- ½ cup fine white bulgur
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tbsp. red pepper paste
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 pinches allspice
- 2 pinches cumin
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- Brush the potatoes under abundant water to remove all the sand. Boil for 30 minutes. Drain and let them cool down before peeling.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork until there are no more lumps.
- Moisten the bulgur with some water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine with the potatoes, tomato paste, pepper paste, salt and spices. Knead everything together to make a smooth mixture. Blend with the olive oil and add the parsley.
- Form patties by squeezing the paste softly between the fingers and palm of one hand, and place them on a dish.
- Sprinkle with spring onions and garnish with slices of red pepper and serve with a selection of pickles.