- 1kg baby gigot (lamb leg)
- Vegetable oil
- 1 big onion
- 4-5 celery stalks
- 10 medium carrots
- 1 glass red wine
- Dry plums (As much as you like)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of each of these spices: muscado, cayenne, white pepper, black pepper
1. In a stewpan, fry for 5-10 minutes the baby gigot, then set aside.
2. Using the same oil, fry the carrots (sliced), the onion (diced) and the celery (chopped). Add then the baby gigot and pour the wine in.
3. Then add all the spices (paprika, canelle, muscado, cayene, white & black pepper) and the salt. Cover everything with water.
4. Cook for 2 ½ hours making sure to rotate the gigot from time to time.
5. When everything is ready, add the dry plums and cook for 5 more minutes mixing well the plums with the sauce and gigot.
6. Serve with rice or baked potatoes.