- 1l liquid milk
- 75g sugar
- 150g Egyptian rice
- 1g Arabic gum (miskeh)
- 60g corn flour
- 200g osmaliyeh or bread crumbs
- 20g butter
- 50g Halloumi cheese
- 50g shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 250g water
- 350g sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 10g rose water
- 10g orange blossom
- 50g rose petals
- 100g whipped cream
- 50g pistachio powder
1. Put the sugar and milk in a casserole.
2. When it starts to simmer, add the rice and let it cook until it becomes al dente.
3. Add the corn flour.
4. Crush the Arabic gum so that it has the texture of powder and add it to the casserole. Add the cheeses.
5. Butter the mold.
6. Pour the mix into the mold, set it aside and let it cool.
7. Blend the osmaliyeh.
8. Sauté the osmaliyeh with a bit of butter until it becomes golden colored.
9. Syrup. Place the water, the sugar, cinnamon stick, anise star and cloves in a casserole on medium heat. Let it boil and stir until syrup is formed then add the orange blossom and the rose water. Strain the syrup.
10. Cover the pudding with the osmaliyeh crumbs. Pour the syrup on the pudding.
11. Then garnish with a bit of whipped cream and rose petals on top.
12. Sprinkle some pistachio powder.