- 1/2 baguette
- 5 medium tomatoes (15 cherry tomatoes diced)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 225g fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Stir tomatoes, 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, basil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Let the mixture marinate and place it in the refrigerator for 30mins.
- Preheat the oven. Slice your bread (about 1.5 cm) and brush one side of each slice of baguette with remaining olive oil.
- Toast in oven for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Lay a piece of mozzarella cheese on top. Place bread back in oven and melt cheese slightly, about 45 secs.
- Remove from oven and spread one tablespoon of the tomato mixture on each piece and drizzle with remaining extra-virgin olive oil right before serving.
- Use high quality ingredients (especially the extra virgin olive oil).
- Don’t drizzle the oil straight onto the bread, use instead a pastry brush.